HOLIDAY SPECIALS: (Available through 12/31)
Christmas Week & New Year’s Schedule:
- All Late Night Hot Yoga classes are cancelled Mon. Dec. 21st-Wed. Dec.23rd (Monday-Wednesday 8:30pm cancelled)
- VOW is cancelled all week: Tues/Thurs, Dec 22nd & 24th
- We will only have only one class each day on Dec 24th & 25th:
- Thursday Dec. 24th (Christmas Eve)… 10-11:15 am All Levels with Stevi
- Friday Dec. 25th (Christmas Day)… 2:30-3:45pm Free Community Christmas Day Yoga Class with Liv (All are welcome, donations accepted)
- We will return to our regular class schedule on Saturday, Dec. 26th!
- We will close for half a day on New Year’s Eve (Thursday 12/31) at 1pm after the lunch yoga class, and we will have only one class on New Year’s Day (Friday 1/1): 10 am Restorative Yoga.
Please visit our online schedule for daily class offerings and instructor changes. Happy Holidays!
So you love your yoga class and your teacher and your fellow practitioners, but find minor life details such as work, family, and home life interfere with your yoga schedule. Join Kristi Jones, RYT-200, at Southern Star Yoga to learn how to make time for yourself and your practice by developing a routine you can do at home when getting to the studio is not an option.
Patanjali defined practice as a consistent effort over a long period of time without break, but setting aside responsibilities in order to make time for daily practice can be challenging. If you find that sometimes days or even weeks pass before you can get into the studio, this workshop is designed for you. We will introduce the importance of daily practice and present examples of how to implement it into your busy life.
In two weekends, there will be 4 classes altering between practice and discussion. For the asana practice, we will draw from the Ashtanga yoga method as described by Sir Pattabhi Jois–a systematic practice with a prescribed breath count and asana progression. Discussion topics include: the sutras as they relate to daily practice, the bandhas, breath and dristi as they relate to asana practice, and “finding your edge” each day to avoid injury so you can practice the next day.
Dates, Classes & Fees
Saturdays, Jan. 9th & 16th; 3-6:30PM
About the presenter:
Kristi Jones, RYT-200, has been teaching since January 2014. She has studied with Silvia Figueroa, Ana Hollis, Charles Stein and Lisa Ann Long (all students of Tim Miller), Tim Miller, and David and Shelley Swenson, Mike Matthews in Austin and Todd Rodderick in Atlanta. From Kristi, “Despite having established a consistent, solid daily practice, my personal struggles challenged me, resulting in changes in my yogic path and giving me a unique perspective on daily practice and getting me on my mat each day now.”
Gift certificates can be purchased in the studio or online in our web store. For online purchases:
- Go to our web store and click on Gift Card–Choose your own amount.
- Enter the amount you want to give (i.e. $195 for the Semester Membership, $60 for the 5 class pass, etc.),
- Enter the recipient’s email address if you want the gift card emailed to them, or enter your own email address if you prefer to print the certificate yourself and put it in your favorite card.
Perfect for those last minute gift ideas! Now you can give the gift of health & wellness with ease. Click on our Store at the top of the page to purchase.
Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra Guided Meditation
This special workshop is designed to help reduce stress and calm the body and mind for deep relaxation. We will begin with supported yoga postures, using props and gravity to passively stretch and open the body, followed by a 45 minute practice of Yoga Nidra, a guided meditation practice that is effective in reducing stress and anxiety and promoting restful sleep. (Plan a quiet, relaxing evening afterwards to maximize the benefits of this practice.) Mark your calendar and join us to rest, restore & receive the extraordinary benefits of this practice.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8TH, 3:30-5PM
Register online to reserve your space in the class. Classes are limited to 16.